Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Shalom,

I LOVE how even after reading through the Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan for so many years, I continually see new things every time I read! Today two things really stood out from John 16. Look first at verse 11 where, in speaking of the things that Holy Spirit will convict the world of, Jesus said this about satan:

11 About judgment, because the ruler (evil genius, prince) of this world [Satan] is judged and condemned and sentence already is passed upon him.

Have you heard that there are some who call themselves born again believers who actually believe that everyone, including satan, will ultimately be saved? The verse above completely destroys THAT idea! He has already been sentenced to spend eternity in hell and the lake of fire! No redemption is available for him! BUT, the people we know who are  without Jesus still have time to agree with God that they are sinners and to receive Jesus as Lord and personal Savior! Make sure that YOU have given everyone you know the opportunity! AMEN! The other Truth that really stood out to me today is found in verses 7 and 13:

However, I am telling you nothing but the truth when I say it is profitable (good, expedient, advantageous) for you that I go away. Because if I do not go away, the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Advocate, Intercessor, Strengthener, Standby) will not come to you [into close fellowship with you]; but if I go away, I will send Him to you [to be in close fellowship with you].

13 But when He, the Spirit of Truth (the Truth-giving Spirit) comes, He will guide you into all the Truth (the whole, full Truth). For He will not speak His own message [on His own authority]; but He will tell whatever He hears [from the Father; He will give the message that has been given to Him], and He will announce and declare to you the things that are to come [that will happen in the future].

We KNOW from Isaiah 55:9 that the ways and the thoughts of God are much higher than our natural, human ways and thoughts! But, they are NOT beyond us finding out! That is one of the powerful things that the Spirit of God does in the life of a born again, Spirit-filled believer! He makes the Word of God come alive so that we can come to know and understand it in the light of our own personal lives so that we can obey the Word and have the wonderful, powerful and glorious results that the One, True, Most High, Living, Almighty God of the Bible desires for us to have (John 10:10 AMP; 3 John 2)! And HE receives all of the glory, honor and praise for every good thing we receive! We DO know that our God is GOOD, all the time (and ALL the time, God is GOOD)! AMEN! Here is Hillsong with Alvin Slaughter and Ron Kenoly singing "God is Good, All The Time":

God is good all the time
God is good all the time
God is good all the time
For unmerited favor I stand up and say
God is good all the time

God is good all the time
God is good all the time
God is good all the time
For unmerited favor I stand up and say
God is good all the time

He made a road in the wilderness
I used to be lost but now I'm free
God is good
He would have left His throne in glory
If there was nobody else but me
God is good

God is good all the time
God is good all the time
God is good all the time
For unmerited favor I stand up and say
God is good all the time

I used to feel I was all alone
I was looking for peace in my mind
God is good
Then Jesus showed me a better way
That's the reason I testify that
God is good, so good

God is good all the time
God is good all the time
God is good all the time
For unmerited favor I stand up and say
God is good all the time

God is good all the time
God is good all the time
God is good all the time
For unmerited favor I stand up and say
God is good all the time

And I'm gonna testify, God is good
I wanna testify, God is good
I wanna testify, God is good
I wanna testify, God is good
I wanna testify, God is good
I wanna testify, God is good
I wanna testify, God is good


Shalom in Him!