Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Shalom,

When I was first born again and involved in Bible Study groups, there were a few people who told me that it was not possible for us to understand the Bible, that only a pastor or minister could. After I had grown in the Word and developed a very real hunger for more, other people, all born again believers, told me that God's ways were past finding out! They said that it was not possible for us to really know the Word of God. They would quote this from Isaiah 55:8-9:

For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.

What they did NOT know was that I had already found Scriptures such as this in Hosea 6:3:

3 Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth. KJV

And this from 2 Timothy 3:15:

15 Study to show yourself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. KJV

Then this from Romans 12:2:

2 And be not conformed to this world: but be you transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. KJV

Then this from 1 John 5:13:

13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may believe on the name of the Son of God.

And finally, my very favorite, Philippians 3:10a:

10 [For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection  AMP

HE said that His thoughts and His ways are MUCH higher than our natural human ones, BUT, He did NOT say that we couldn't learn of them! In fact, He DID say this in Matthew 11:29:

29 Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am meek and humble in heart, and you will find rest (relief and ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls. AMP

So, refuse to allow yourself excuses for not spending time daily in the Word of God. Meditate on it day and night (Joshua 1:8 AMP) and allow the Holy Spirit to teach you individually and uniquely how to put this vital Word into practice in your own life! The Word WORKS! SO, WORK IT! Amen! Here is Hillsong with "Take It All":


Shalom in Him!