Monday, September 2, 2013

Shalom,

We have seen many times how, when facing discouragement and fear, David would encourage himself in the Lord! he would meditate on past victories and on the promises of God. Psalm 63 is no exception! Look at verses 1-8:

O GOD, You are my God, earnestly will I seek You; my inner self thirsts for You, my flesh longs and is faint for You, in a dry and weary land where no water is. So I have looked upon You in the sanctuary to see Your power and Your glory. Because Your loving-kindness is better than life, my lips shall praise You. So will I bless You while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name. My whole being shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips When I remember You upon my bed and meditate on You in the night watches. For You have been my help, and in the shadow of Your wings will I rejoice. My whole being follows hard after You and clings closely to You; Your right hand upholds me.

THIS is how we begin to fulfill the commandments that we looked at yesterday! Notice the "night watches". When you find yourself waking in the night, remind yourself first of all what the Word of God says! Do you remember that Joshua instructed that the meditation of the Word of God should take place day and  night (Joshua 1:8)? 

8 This Book of the Law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, that you may observe and do according to all that is written in it. For then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall deal wisely and have good success. AMP

THIS is how we do it! Go to sleep each night with the meditation  of His Word in your heart. When you DO wake up, then the Holy Spirit will bring the Word back to you! AMEN! Here is Hillsong with a great older song called "Everything That Has Breath":


Shalom in Him!