Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Shalom,

Yesterday we saw that not only is God able to heal and deliver us, but He is even more willing to do so! Today I want to share a very good teaching from Kenneth and Gloria Copeland's devotional "Pursuit of His Presence":

For the Son of God, Jesus Christ...was not yea and nay, but in him was yea. For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen....– 2 Corinthians 1:19-20
“Oh, God, I feel so sick. My head hurts. My skin hurts. My stomach hurts. I need You to heal me!”
Have you ever prayed like that? If so, don’t ever again!
One of the operating principles of faith is to go to God on the basis of His provision—not on the basis of your need.
I learned this years ago in the area of healing. I don’t ever go to God and tell Him how sick I am, and then ask for healing.
Isaiah 53:5 assures me that Jesus already provided for my healing on the cross. So when my body is experiencing symptoms of illness, I pray by saying:
“I am thanking You, Lord, for providing healing for me. By faith I receive that provision now, in Jesus’ Name. I set myself in agreement with Your Word which says that by His stripes I was healed" (see 1 Peter 2:24).
Remember this: If you continue to rehearse your need, you will be so need-minded that it will stunt your faith, and you won’t be able to receive God’s supply. But if you continue to rehearse God’s promise, you’ll become so answer-minded that it will be the most natural thing in the world to simply reach out by faith and receive His provision.





















THAT is why we encourage you, here and on The Spoken Word Church website, to spend time in the Word of God on a daily basis! You and I must really KNOW the Word of God in order to act on it! The promise in John 8:31-32 does not refer just refer to the Word of God, but the Word of God that we KNOW! 

31 So Jesus said to those Jews who had believed in Him, If you abide in My word [hold fast to My teachings and live in accordance with them], you are truly My disciples. 32 And you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free. AMP

This "know" is the Greek word "ginosko" which means: to learn to know, come to know, get a knowledge of, to understand, to perceive. That is why Joshua commanded this in Joshua 1:8:

8 This Book of the Law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, that you may observe and do according to all that is written in it. For then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall deal wisely and have good success. AMP

Want to have good success and prosperity in your life? Then become a DOER of this Word! Then you will KNOW the Truth of God's Word and you can pray the ANSWER rather than the need! I see you becoming increasingly wise, successful, healthy and prosperous in 2013! AMEN! Here to encourage you in this is Hillsong with "We The Redeemed" because HE is the Answer!



Shalom in Him!