Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Shalom,


Psalm 138:8 is a verse I stand on for myself!

8 The LORD will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy and loving-kindness, O LORD, endure forever -- forsake not the works of Your own hands.


"Will perfect" is the Hebrew word, "gamar", which, in this case, means: to complete, to perfect, to perform, to finish, to fulfill, to accomplish. I have all confidence that Philippians 1:6 is MINE also!


6 And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return] developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you.


Remember, it's HIS work, and He does a GREAT job! AMEN!


Continuing with THAT theme, we look at John 15:2-3:


 2 Any branch in Me that does  not bear fruit [that stops bearing] He cuts away  [trims off, takes away]; and He cleanses and repeatedly prunes every branch that continues to bear fruit, to make it bear more and richer and more excellent fruit. 3 You are cleansed and pruned already, because of the Word which I have given you [the teachings I have discussed with you].


It is spending time in the Word of God DAILY that will allow the Holy Spirit to complete the WORK in us!  He does the work, but we must give Him something to work with! He goes on to say in verses 4-5:


4 Dwell in Me and I will dwell in you. [Live in Me, and I will live in you.] Just as no branch can bear fruit of itself without abiding in (being vitally united to) the vine, neither can you bear fruit unless you abide in Me. 5 I am the Vine; you are the branches. Whoever lives in Me and I in him bears much (abundant) fruit. However, apart from Me [cut off from vital union with Me] you can do nothing.


Aren't you glad that you NEVER have to be apart from HIM again! AMEN!


In Ezekiel 44:23-24 reveals what the priests and high priests were SUPPOSED to be doing! This is why Jesus spoke so harshly to those very people during His earthly ministry.


23 The priests shall teach My people the difference between the holy and the common or profane, and cause them to distinguish between the unclean and the clean. 24 And in a controversy they shall act as judges, and they shall judge according to My judgments; and they shall keep My laws and My statutes in all My appointed feasts, and they shall keep My Sabbaths holy.


These priests and high priests were supposed to be teaching the people the Truth of God's Word, but they didn't know the Word themselves any longer! You and I have the priceless privilege of having the Word of God so abundantly in these times! We also have the awesome responsibility of getting that Word our to the people! Preach the Gospel at every opportunity! THAT is God's #1 priority! AMEN!


Shalom in Him!