Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Shalom,

We read Psalm 33 in our Bible Reading plan today. Let's look at verse 1:

1REJOICE IN the Lord, O you [uncompromisingly] righteous [you upright in right standing with God]; for praise is becoming and appropriate for those who are upright [in heart].

We begin with the word "rejoice", which is the Hebrew word "ranan" that we looked at yesterday. You can scroll down and look at that meaning. Today I found another meaning that you can add to it: it also means to creak or make a stridulous sound. Stridulous means: a shrill grating or chirping sound! Have you ever heard Middle Eastern women in a crowd when they are happy or excited about something? THAT is the sound this is talking about! I can't say as I have ever done that! I also have to admit that I have NEVER enjoyed listing to that sound! Now I see that I am EXPECTED to make a sound like that in my rejoicing! Well, I certainly AM teachable and willing to make corrections, so I guess I will have to practice my stridulous sounds!

We are supposed to do this and also to "praise" Him. The word praise here is the Hebrew Word, "tehilla", which means: to give laudation, to give praise, adoration and thanksgiving PUBLICLY! This is all becoming and APPROPRIATE for the born again believer! It is expected of us because HE is worthy to receive it all! AMEN!

Then in Acts 5 we see the religious leaders AGAIN angry at the apostles for doing the works of Jesus! When they lock them up and an angel lets them out, wouldn't you have expected them to FINALLY believe? Instead, they BEAT them! WOW, I guess there was no such thing as "common sense" back then, either! Not among unbelievers anyway! Gamaliel gave them such sound advice! You JUST MAY be found fighting against GOD when you come against other believers. Don't go there!

Genesis takes us to the birth of Esau and Isaac, one who treasured the birth-right and thought the blessing that went with it a very precious thing, and one who thought so little of that same blessing that he sold it to fill his belly instead of finding some food for himself! I won't feel sorry for him a bit when he's found crying later! Keep reading, it gets VERY interesting as you get into it further.

I hope you have been allowing the Holy Spirit to teach You more about Jesus through the Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan. That IS the real purpose for studying God's Word! To KNOW HIM! AMEN!

Shalom in Him,

Robin