Monday, February 22, 2010

Shalom,

I love Psalm 53:1!

1THE [empty-headed] fool has said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt and evil are they, and doing abominable iniquity; there is none who does good.

You just can't say it any clearer than that! Some people like to think that mankind is basically good. The Bible says otherwise! Look at Romans 3:23:

23For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Then back to Psalm 53:6:

6Oh, that the salvation and deliverance of Israel would come out of Zion! When God restores the fortunes of His people, then will Jacob rejoice and Israel be glad.

And HE has! John 3:16:

16For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten (unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.

If you haven't already, is there ANY reason you can't receive Jesus of Nazareth as YOUR Lord and personal Saviour? Then pray this prayer:

Almighty God, I am a sinner. I believe that Jesus Christ came to this earth, died on the cross for me, was raised from the dead, and is now seated at Your right hand. I accept and receive Jesus Christ as my personal Saviour and I invite Him to come into my heart and become Lord over my life. I thank You now Father, for welcoming me into Your family. You are my Father. I am Your child. Jesus is my Lord! Amen.

In Acts 25 we see Paul being asked by Festus, as a favor to the religious Jewish leaders, to go back to Jerusalem to stand trial. Rather than go there to face bogus charges, Paul appeals to Caesar and will soon be on his way to Rome! In case you were under the impression that everyone at that time knew about Jesus' death, burial and resurrection, take a look at verse 19:

19Instead they had some points of controversy with him about their own religion or superstition and concerning one Jesus, Who had died but Whom Paul kept asserting [over and over] to be alive.

It's important to keep preaching the Good News of the Gospel! Some people, even though they've heard, have never really listened! Tell them again! AMEN!

In Exodus 15:1-2 we have Moses and the Israelites singing a victory song:

1THEN MOSES and the Israelites sang this song to the Lord, saying, I will sing to the Lord, for He has triumphed gloriously; the horse and his rider or its chariot has He thrown into the sea.

2The Lord is my Strength and my Song, and He has become my Salvation; this is my God, and I will praise Him, my father's God, and I will exalt Him.


I LOVE that song! Then we see the beginning of a pattern that keeps repeating itself throughout their time in the wilderness. A problem will pop up, the people will complain to Moses, Moses will turn to God, God will deliver the people, the people will rejoice UNTIL the next problem! Over and over and over! How long does it take YOU to learn to trust the One, True, Most High, Living, Almighty God of the Bible? Let's learn by their mistakes! God ALWAYS provides for His people! He provided manna in the wilderness! Remember this Scripture in Psalm 37:25:

25I have been young and now am old, yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken or their seed begging bread.

God is GOOD - All the time! Give Him all the praise and honor and glory for every good thing in your life! He deserves it!

Shalom in Him!