Saturday, April 12, 2008

Shalom,

Let's get right into the Word of God to continue finding out who we are "in Him." Let's look at the book of 1 John:

I John 4:4 (KJV)
4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.


We are told that we "are", the Greek word, eimi, which means: I exist (used only when emphatic), to be, to happen, of God "little children", the Greek word, teknion, which means: a little child, used in the New Testament by teachers addressing their disciples, and "have overcome", the Greek word, nikao, which means: to subdue, to conquer, to prevail, to get the victory, of Christians holding fast their faith against the enemy (satan) and against temptations and persecutions, to win the case, to maintain one's cause, them (the spirits of antichrist spoken of in the previous verse) because "greater", the Greek word, meizon, which means: greater, larger, elder, stronger, is He (the Holy Spirit) that is in you, than he (satan, the devil and evil spirits) that is in the world. The Amplified Bible says this:

1 John 4:4 (Amplified)
4Little children, you are of God [you belong to Him] and have [already] defeated and overcome them [the agents of the antichrist], because He Who lives in you is greater (mightier) than he who is in the world.


As believers in Jesus Christ, we are born of God, we are partakers of His love, and we also have the same Holy Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead living INSIDE of us! (See 1 Corinthians 3:16). The next time you face a seemingly impossible situation, instead of talking about how impossible it looks, say instead. "God is in me." Your confession of faith will allow Him to work on your behalf. Remember that the Master of all Creation lives in you and make this confession:

Because I have received Jesus Christ as my Lord and personal Saviour, the Holy Spirit lives in me. The Greater One lives in me. He is greater than the devil, Greater than sickness and disease, Greater than any and every circumstance, and HE lives in ME!

That will increase your faith level! Let's look at Romans:

Rom 8:37
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.(KJV)

We'll begin by looking at the very first word in this verse. "Nay", the Greek word, alla, which means: contrariwise, no, notwithstanding, nevertheless, rather, in all these things "we are more than conquerors", the Greek word, hupernikao, which is a compound of the word nikao which we looked at in 1 John above ( to subdue, to conquer, to prevail, to get the victory) and the Greek word, huper, which means: over, beyond, more than, exceeding or abundantly above), the word hupernikao, therefore, means: to vanquish beyond, to gain a decisive victory over, to more than conquer, to gain a surpassing victory over, "through" the Greek word, dia, which means: the channel of an act, by the means of, by reason of, on account of, Him that loved us! That's our powerful God! The Amplified Bible says this:

Rom 8:37 (Amplified)
37Yet amid all these things we are more than conquerors and gain a surpassing victory through Him Who loved us.

Don't say "I can't" or "It's impossible", instead, say what God's Word says about you. It may not look like it's so at the moment, but speaking God's Word into your situation will create that reality in your life. You will begin to become what you confess and fear will leave! Say this:

I am MORE than a conqueror because the Greater One lives in me. It's His power working on my behalf! I AM who and what God's Word says I AM! I can overcome every attack, test, trial and tribulation that comes my way because He has made me more than an overcomer! More than a conqueror!

Let's look at one more Scripture today:

Phil 4:13 (KJV)
13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

The very first words here are powerful! "I can do" is the Greek word, ischuo, which means: to have or exercise force, be able, prevail, to be strong, to have power as shown by extraordinary deeds, to exert or wield power, to have strength to overcome, to be a force, all things through Christ which "strengtheneth", the Greek word, endunamoo, which means: to empower, to enable, to be strong, to endue with strength, me! The Amplified Bible says this:

Phil 4:13 (Amplified)
13I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency].

What a powerful verse! I have strength for ALL THINGS through HIM Who "infuses" inner strength into me! Do you know what the word infuse means? The dictionary definition is this: to cause to be permeated with something (as a principle or quality) that alters usually for the better! It's what we do with tea when we put a tea bag in boiling water. That tea begins to permeate the plain water and that water is FILLED with the flavor of the tea! In that same way we are permeated with the power and presence of Almighty God! If that doesn't make you feel powerful in Him, I don't know what would! We should say this:

Through Jesus Christ, my Lord and personal Saviour, I can do ALL THINGS! I am ready for any situation and am able to be MORE than an overcomer through HIS power which permeates my very being! I cannot be conquered! I cannot be defeated! I CAN DO all things He asks me to do!!!

Continue to get God's Word inside of you! Allow it to come alive in you and become real to you. Your faith in the God of the Bible will soar! And your faith in what He says about you will also soar!

If you haven't yet received Jesus of Nazareth as your Lord and personal Saviour, I invite you to visit The Spoken Word Church website (link at the left of this blog) and find out how to make the most important decision of your entire life! You will never regret it!

Shalom in Him!