Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Shalom,

We'll continue looking at "in Him" Scriptures today, starting with Galatians 2:20:

Gal 2:20 (KJV)
20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.


The born again believer, having believed in their heart that Jesus Christ came to this earth, died on the cross after being made sin with our sin, rose from the dead and is now seated at the right hand of Father, can make this confession of faith! We are saying that "I am crucified", the Greek word, sustauroo, which means: to impale in company with, to crucify with, and refers to our old sin nature, "with Christ", the Greek word, Christos, which means: the anointed One, the Messiah, "nevertheless", the Greek word, de, which means: but, also, moreover, "I live', the Greek word, zao, which means: to be active, blessed and endless in the kingdom of God, to be in full vigor, to be fresh, strong and efficient, to be powerful and have vital power in itself, "yet not", the Greek word, ouketi, which means: no longer, no more, no further, I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh (my human nature), I live by the "faith", the Greek word, pistis, which means: the conviction of truth, belief with the predominate idea of trust or confidence in of the Son of God, Who loved me and "gave", the Greek word, paradidomi, which means: to surrender, to yield up, Himself "for", the Greek word, huper, which means: in behalf of, for the sake of, ME! The Amplified Bible says this:

Gal 2:20 (Amplified)
20I have been crucified with Christ [in Him I have shared His crucifixion]; it is no longer I who live, but Christ (the Messiah) lives in me; and the life I now live in the body I live by faith in (by adherence to and reliance on and complete trust in) the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

We WERE crucified WITH Him! When He was made sin, it was with MY sin and YOUR sin! He had no sin of His own and He could not have died a physical death if he had not been made sin! There WAS no death in Him at all until that point! He was absolute life! Jesus Himself said that no one (man or devil!) took His life from Him. They could not, but He GAVE Himself to be made sin so that through His death we could be actually accounted as being crucified with Him! Our old sin nature is dead and we have been given His life! His Spirit in us recreated our dead spirit into His image and now He lives in us ALWAYS! That's where our confidence comes from! We'll see this more in our next Scripture found in Colossians:

Col 1:26-27 (KJV)
26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

We see here that there is a mystery revealed in the Word of God! Even the "mystery", the Greek word, musterion, which means: a secret, a mystery through the idea of silence, a hidden thing or secret thing, not obvious to the understanding, a hidden purpose, which "hath been hid", the Greek word, apokrupto, which means: to hide, to conceal, to keep secret, from "ages", the Greek word, aion, which means: a period of time (including past), an unbroken age of the world, and from "generations", the Greek word, genea, which means: the time occupied by each successive generation, but now "is made manifest", the Greek word, phaneroo, which means: to render apparent, to appear, to declare, to make visible or known what has been hidden or unknown, to make actual and visible, to make realized, to expose to view, to be plainly recognized, to have thoroughly understood who and what one is, to His "saints", the Greek word, hagios, which means: pure, morally blameless, consecrated, holy (set apart from the world and set apart unto God!): to whom God would "make known", the Greek word, gnorizo, which means: to make known, to certify, to declare, to give to understand, to become known, to gain knowledge of, to have thorough knowledge of, what is the "riches", the Greek word, ploutos, which means: wealth as fulness, possessions, abundance, valuable bestowment, plentitude, abundance of external possessions, of the "glory", the Greek word, doxa, which means: glory as very apparent, dignity, honor, splendor, brightness, magnificence, excellence, preeminence, majesty, a glorious condition, a most exalted state, of this mystery among the "Gentiles", the Greek word, ethnos, which means: a race, a nation, a people, a group, which is Christ (the Anointed One and His Anointing) IN YOU the "hope", the Greek word, elpis, which means: to anticipate usually with pleasure, expectation, confidence, faith, of glory! THAT was the mystery that has now been revealed to born again believers! The Amplified Bible says this:

Col 1:26-27 (Amplified)
26The mystery of which was hidden for ages and generations [from angels and men], but is now revealed to His holy people (the saints),
27To whom God was pleased to make known how great for the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ within and among you, the Hope of [realizing the] glory.

When we were born again, God the Holy Spirit came to live inside of each one of us! We have the Anointed One living in us! That's the hope, the expectation, the confidence that we can and should have! We ARE NOW in Him and HE IS NOW in us! The God of all the universe lives in you! The One, True, Most High, Living, Almighty God of the Bible lives in YOU!!! You can do everything He calls you to do. Jesus Himself said :

John 14:12 (KJV)
12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

So what should be our confession of faith? We should say:

I am crucified with Christ. My old nature died when Jesus became sin with my sin and I became a partaker of HIS life when I received Jesus the Christ as my Lord and personal Saviour. The Spirit of Almighty God now lives in me! I have HIS life in me! The Anointed One and His Anointing is inside of me and I CAN DO all things through His power in me. It WAS a mystery, but now I know, He lives in me!

Meditate on that Truth until it becomes so real to you that you can't sit still but have to shout praises to God! Then KEEP meditating on it so you never lose the reality of the Truth that He lives in you!

Shalom in Him!