Monday, August 26, 2024

Shalom,

I LOVE the Psalms of David! He usually begins by crying out to God about the trouble that he faces, but always ends up declaring what God's Word promises Him and gives GLORY to GOD! Today's Psalm 56 in our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan does that! Verses 1-2:

1 Be merciful and gracious to me, O God, for man would trample me or devour me; all the day long the adversary oppresses me. 2 They that lie in wait for me would swallow me up or trample me all day long, for they are many who fight against me, O Most High!

Then he makes this declaration in verses 3-4:

3 What time I am afraid, I will have confidence in and put my trust and reliance in You. 4 By [the help of] God I will praise His word; on God I lean, rely, and confidently put my trust; I will not fear. What can man, who is flesh, do to me?

Then in verses 5-7 he speaks again of the evil doers:

5 All day long they twist my words and trouble my affairs; all their thoughts are against me for evil and my hurt. 6 They gather themselves together, they hide themselves, they watch my steps, even as they have [expectantly] waited for my life. 7 They think to escape with iniquity, and shall they? In Your indignation bring down the peoples, O God.

But he again finishes with declarations of what God has done and WILL DO for him in verses 8-13:

8 You number and record my wanderings; put my tears into Your bottle—are they not in Your book? 9 Then shall my enemies turn back in the day that I cry out; this I know, for God is for me. 10 In God, Whose word I praise, in the Lord, Whose word I praise, 11 In God have I put my trust and confident reliance; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? 12 Your vows are upon me, O God; I will render praise to You and give You thank offerings. 13 For You have delivered my life from death, yes, and my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of life and of the living.

I challenge you today to be like DAVID! Present your cares and concerns to the Lord, find out what He has promised in His Word, declare and decree His promises over YOUR life an then REJOICE! He watches over His Word to perform it! (Jeremiah 1:12) Here is Brandon Lake with "That's Who I Praise":

Shalom in Him!