Friday, December 3, 2021

Shalom,

In Proverbs 4, through our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan for today, we see this in verses 1-9:

1 Hear, my sons, the instruction of a father, and pay attention in order to gain and to know intelligent discernment, comprehension, and interpretation [of spiritual matters]. 2 For I give you good doctrine [what is to be received]; do not forsake my teaching. 3 When I [Solomon] was a son with my father [David], tender and the only son in the sight of my mother [Bathsheba], 4 He taught me and said to me, Let your heart hold fast my words; keep my commandments and live. 5 Get skillful and godly Wisdom, get understanding (discernment, comprehension, and interpretation); do not forget and do not turn back from the words of my mouth. 6 Forsake not [Wisdom], and she will keep, defend, and protect you; love her, and she will guard you. 7 The beginning of Wisdom is: get Wisdom (skillful and godly Wisdom)! [For skillful and godly Wisdom is the principal thing.] And with all you have gotten, get understanding (discernment, comprehension, and interpretation).  8 Prize Wisdom highly and exalt her, and she will exalt and promote you; she will bring you to honor when you embrace her. 9 She shall give to your head a wreath of gracefulness; a crown of beauty and glory will she deliver to you.

When Solomon obeyed these instructions from His parents, HE had GREAT Wisdom! In fact, there was NO ONE wiser! If you want to contrast that with the results of NOT walking in the Wisdom that comes from the Word of God, read the Book of Ecclesiastes! THAT is the result of a life spent outside of the Truth of the Word and of the Wisdom of God! So I will encourage you instead to be a DOER of Proverbs 4:20-27:

20 My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. 21 Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. 22 For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. 23 Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. 24 Put away from you false and dishonest speech, and willful and contrary talk put far from you. 25 Let your eyes look right on [with fixed purpose], and let your gaze be straight before you. 26 Consider well the path of your feet, and let all your ways be established and ordered aright. 27 Turn not aside to the right hand or to the left; remove your foot from evil.

AMEN! My prayer for you, and for all of my friends, family, relatives and loved ones, is that you will SEEK the WISDOM of God's Word, LEARN it, KNOW it, and then DO it! Nothing else will ever bring you contentment and peace! Here is Hillsong with "Your Word":

Shalom in Him!