Sunday, June 25, 2017

Shalom,

Proverbs 25:2 is another of my favorite verses. It is one that helped launch me into a deeper study of the Word of God and especially into word studies! 

It is the glory of God to conceal a thing, but the glory of kings is to search out a thing.

"Glory" here is the Hebrew word "kabowd", which means: honor, dignity, glory, abundance, reverence, reputation, splendor, riches. So it brings God great honor (praise, reverence) when he "conceals", which simply means to hide, the Truths of His Word, within His Word. He does NOT hide them FROM us, but FOR us! How do I know that? Because this verse goes on to say that it is the glory (same Hebrew word) of us kings (Revelation 1:6 & 5:10) to search the Word for these wonderful treasures! "Search out" is the Hebrew word "chaqar", which means: to search, to investigate, to examine thoroughly. There will never be a time in this life where any person will have learned all that there is to learn from the Word of God. I have an idea that we will be joyously spending eternity learning new and glorious things! I am so glad that I started here and now! Every day something new and better is added to my life because of this never ending search for God's hidden gems! I hope that YOU are enjoying this search, too! That is one of the reasons that I am so blessed to belong to a  such a wonderful local church! If you don't have a church like that, and would like to, please check out the teaching available on our website through the link on the left, and then contact us to let us know where you live and we will try to help you locate one near you! In the meantime, here is Hillsong Worship with "Your Word":


Shalom in Him!