Monday, November 17, 2014

Shalom,

Our Psalm for today contains two verses that has been  favorites of mine! Psalm 138:
I will confess and praise You [O God] with my whole heart; before the gods will I sing praises to You. I will worship toward Your holy temple and praise Your name for Your loving-kindness and for Your truth and faithfulness; for You have exalted above all else Your name and Your word and You have magnified Your word above all Your name! In the day when I called, You answered me; and You strengthened me with strength (might and inflexibility to temptation) in my inner self. All the kings of the land shall give You credit and praise You, O Lord, for they have heard of the promises of Your mouth [which were fulfilled]. Yes, they shall sing of the ways of the Lord and joyfully celebrate His mighty acts, for great is the glory of the Lord. For though the Lord is high, yet has He respect to the lowly [bringing them into fellowship with Him]; but the proud and haughty He knows and recognizes [only] at a distance. Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch forth Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and Your right hand will save me. The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy and loving-kindness, O Lord, endure forever—forsake not the works of Your own hands.

My first favorite is verse 2, because it shows us that His Word is what gives His Name the authority! We MUST know the Word of God in order to really understand the power available in simply speaking His Name! The verse we'll be looking at today, though, is verse 8:

The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy and loving-kindness, O Lord, endure forever—forsake not the works of Your own hands.

I have been confessing the first part over my own life for many years now. I FULLY believe that HE cares about everything that I care about in my life! Why do I believe that? Because HE loves ME and because He promised me that if I delight in Him, He will give me desires in my heart that HE will fulfill (Psalm 37:4)! The desires HE gives me will line up with His will, His plan and His purpose FOR ME! AMEN! Other things that used to be desires are no longer important to me and easy to set aside when He replaces them with such wonderful new desires! So, in confessing that He will "perfect that which concerns me", I have no doubt that He will! In doing just a little word study on this verse, however, I have found another valuable promise that confirms a New Testament promise that we have! Let's look at this!

The word LORD here is the covenant Name of God - Jehovah. We see that He will "perfect" something in our lives. This is the Hebrew word "gamar", which means: to end (in the sense of completion); to complete; to perform;to fulfill; to finish; to accomplish. "That which" is not in the Hebrew, but has been added by the translators to try to clarify. "Concerns me" is the Hebrew word "be`ad", which means: on behalf of. So, for MY sake and on MY behalf, HE will bring to completion HIS will for MY life! Look at Philippians 1:6:

6 And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you. AMP

HALLELUJAH! The rest of the Psalm 138:6 goes on to say that His "mercy", which is "chesed" or "His loving-kindness", will always be working on my behalf because He will NOT forsake, or turn His back on the works of His own hands! HE made ME! He will never forsake me (Hebrews 13:5)! The only way that I don't experience the fullness of His blessing in my life is if I turn my back on Him! I WILL NOT! I hope that YOU make that same decision! Then you, too, can have supreme confidence in the TRUTH that HE has plans for you (Jeremiah 29:11 AMP)and HE will never stop working on your behalf! HALLELUJAH! Thank YOU, Jesus! AMEN! Here is Hillsong with "With Us":


Shalom in Him!