Friday, June 21, 2013

Shalom,

I love this from the devotional on Jerry Savelle's website for today:

Boldness Before God

Remaining conscious of your righteousness in Christ will give you boldness before God and make your fellowship with the Father more intimate.
You will have confidence and boldness to come before Him and talk to Him as your best friend. There will be no sense of inferiority because you know that He looks at you and relates to you as if you are as perfect as Jesus.
“Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need” (Hebrews 4:16).
“Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you” (John 15:15).
God doesn’t just want servants, He wants friends. He didn’t create Adam to have someone grovel at His feet with his face in the dirt. No! He wanted a man He could walk and talk with in the cool of the day (see Genesis 3:8).
Through Jesus’ sacrifice, the intimate relationship that Adam had with God before sin is now available to every believer. So come boldly to the Father today, secure in your righteousness in Christ, and talk to Him as you would a close friend.
Confession: Father, I come boldly before You knowing that You see me righteous and clean because of Jesus. As I share my heart and thoughts with You, I believe You will share Your heart and thoughts with me.
Remember what 1 Corinthians 6:19 tells us:

19 Do you not know that your body is the temple (the very sanctuary) of the Holy Spirit Who lives within you, Whom you have received [as a Gift] from God? AMP

SO, when we "come boldly to the throne of grace", we need travel no further than where  we are right now! Just recognize His presence IN YOU, by His Spirit, and speak to Him as you would any other person! With reverential awe and respect, of course! How very blessed we are to have such intimate access to the One, True, Most High, Living, Almighty God of the Bible! Are YOU taking advantage of that wonderful blessing? We were NOT meant to live in this world without it! AMEN! Here is Hillsong with "Father Of Creation":


Shalom in Him!