Saturday, August 29, 2020

Shalom,

What is happening in some of our cities and in other areas around the world is nothing new to the God of the Bible! Look at today's Psalm from our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan! Psalm 59:6-7:

6 They return at evening, they howl and snarl like dogs, and go [prowling] about the city. 7 Behold, they belch out [insults] with their mouths; swords [of sarcasm, ridicule, slander, and lies] are in their lips, for who, they think, hears us?

God's response? Verses 8-10:

8 But You, O Lord, will laugh at them [in scorn]; You will hold all the nations in derision. 9 O my Strength, I will watch and give heed to You and sing praises; for God is my Defense (my Protector and High Tower). 10 My God in His mercy and steadfast love will meet me; God will let me look [triumphantly] on my enemies (those who lie in wait for me).

And OUR response? Verses 16-17:

16 But I will sing of Your mighty strength and power; yes, I will sing aloud of Your mercy and loving-kindness in the morning; for You have been to me a defense (a fortress and a high tower) and a refuge in the day of my distress. 17 Unto You, O my Strength, I will sing praises; for God is my Defense, my Fortress, and High Tower, the God Who shows me mercy and steadfast love.

I LOVE it when the Word of God addresses every aspect of our current lives, though it was written so very long ago! Never forget that this written Word came from the LIVING WORD of God! JESUS! AMEN! Here is Hillsong Young and Free with a new song called "World Outside Your Window":



Shalom in  Him!