Friday, April 13, 2018

Shalom,

By now most of you know that one of my very favorite verses of Scripture is Philippians 3:10 from the Amplified Bible.

10 [For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection

There is something we read in today's Psalm from our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan that makes more sense in the light of Philippians 3:10! Psalm 103:7:

He made known His ways [of righteousness and justice] to Moses, His acts to the children of Israel.

God was able to show Moses His ways, while the children of Israel could only see His acts! "Ways" is the Hebrew word "derek", which means: a course of life or mode of action, a manner, moral character. The people only saw what God DID, but Moses was privy to why He did these things! What caused that difference? Moses had a desire to know God and he drew close to God. The people desired for Moses to know God and then tell them what God was saying! How do I know that this it true? Look at Exodus 19:18-21:


18 When the people saw the thunder and lightning and heard the trumpet and saw the mountain in smoke, they trembled with fear. They stayed at a distance 19 and said to Moses, “Speak to us yourself and we will listen. But do not have God speak to us or we will die.” 20 Moses said to the people, “Do not be afraid. God has come to test you, so that the fear of God will be with you to keep you from sinning.” 21 The people remained at a distance, while Moses approached the thick darkness where God was.
Moses KNEW God because he followed on to know Him! YOU CAN, TOO! I hope that you will make it YOUR 'determined purpose' to really know the ONE Who gave it all so that you and I can TRULY LIVE! AMEN! Here is Hillsong Worship with "God So Loved":


VERSE 1: I shall hold To the cross I shall hold To God alone For His love Has salvaged me For His love Has set me free CHORUS: For God so loved the world That He gave His only Son Whosoever believes Will not perish They shall have eternal life VERSE 2: I shall wait Upon the Lord I shall wait Upon His Word By His grace I am released By His grace I am redeemed BRIDGE: By His precious blood I have been set free For the glory of Jesus' Name I surrender all Now to Christ alone In Jesus I am saved
Shalom in Him!