Sunday, June 5, 2011

Shalom,


We have looked at Proverbs 5 a few times. We know that it warns against adultery, both on the natural level (marriages) and the spiritual (placing another person, place or thing in the place that should be reserved for HIM alone), but I learned something new today! Word studies have always intrigued me because learning a new, or more correct, or additional, meaning can, and should, make the Word of God come alive and have even more depth for us. Verses 1-2:


MY SON, be attentive to my Wisdom [godly Wisdom learned by actual and costly experience], and incline your ear to my understanding [of what is becoming and prudent for you], 2 That you may exercise proper discrimination and discretion and your lips may guard and keep knowledge and the wise answer [to temptation]. 


First of all, the word "son" is the Hebrew word "ben", which usually refers to a male offspring, but can also mean child (of either sex). When it comes to the Word of God and Wisdom, I would look at it as both! Then in verse 2 the KJV says "regard discretion". The word "regard" is the Hebrew word "samar", which usually means: keep, guard, give heed, to have charge of, to protect, to watch for, to keep within bounds, to be on one's guard, to beware. The word "descretion" is the Hebrew word "mezimmah", which means: a plan (usually evil), device, invention, mischievous device, a plot. Paying attention to the Word of God's Wisdom will keep us in position to RECOGNIZE evil when it comes! Remember that we HAVE an enemy who walks around AS a lion, seeking WHOM he may devour (1 Peter 5:8)! That means he cannot devour whomever HE wants! He can only have access to those who allow him, by their choices! Hide the Word in YOUR heart, so that you won't get trapped by the enemy! We ARE NOT ignorant of his devices (2 Corinthians 2:11)! We DO have to pay attention, though, so we don't get caught off guard!


I really love spending time in the Gospel of John! There is so much more there than we will ever understand this side of Heaven! Today we will look at John 15:16:


16 You have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you and I have appointed you [I have planted you], that you might go and bear fruit and keep on bearing, and that your fruit may be lasting [that it may remain, abide], so that whatever you ask the Father in My Name [as presenting all that I AM], He may give it to you.


You may think that I would speak about the last part, but the part that really ministers to me today is the amplified part of "I have appointed you". The KJV says "ordained". This is the Greek word "tithemi", which means: to place, to put, to establish. The Amplified Bible (above) says "I have planted you". I LOVE that! He (Jesus) saved us, then He planted us here on the earth, instead of just taking us to Heaven, so that we can bring in MORE believers to the Kingdom! He is believing for a "bumper crop" (2 Peter 3:9) and so am I! How about you? Here is "Lord of Lords" by Hillsong United - just because I like it!




Reading 1 Chronicles 5-7 today made something abundantly clear to me! God has a plan and a purpose for EVERY person! He KNOWS those who belong to Him, and He keeps excellent records! He knows every minute detail of your life and has a definite and so very unique plan for you! Make sure you spend the quality time necessary in His presence so that you can find out YOUR plan and get with His program! You'll be so glad you did! 


Shalom in Him!