Sunday, November 9, 2008

Shalom,

I thought I would follow up our last blog post with this verse:

2 Chron 7:14 KJV
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.


Notice that it says "If my people, which are called by My Name". That makes it very clear who He is referring to. In the Old Covenant, this was directed to the Jewish nation. In the New Covenant, this refers to born again believers in Jesus of Nazareth. If WE will humble ourselves, pray, seek His face on behalf of OUR nation, then He will hear from Heaven, forgive the sins of our nation and heal our land. There is no disputing the fact that the United States of America, in a national sense, has turned from God. This nation was founded by God, and on the Word of God. So much has changed since that time! BUT, we are promised here that if WE obey His Word, then our nation will be spared. It doesn't take the nation to pray, just the believers! The Amplified Bible says this:

2 Chron 7:14 AMP
14 If My people, who are called by My name, shall humble themselves, pray, seek, crave, and require of necessity My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.


So we, as believers, need to make Him our #1 priority! We need to seek Him, crave His presence, require time with Him face to face, humbling ourselves (accepting something we may not deserve) to pray and intercede on behalf of the nation. THEN our God will hear our prayer, and our prayer will give Him free course to act! We will see a mighty move of His Spirit in the lives of the people of our nation, from the leaders to the "regular folks"! That will bring the "change" this nation REALLY needs! Glory to God! And don't ever forget:

Prov 21:1 KJV
21 The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.


Our job is to pray and God's job is to change or replace the leaders! We've got the easy job, don't you agree! So let's be about our Father's business, trusting Him to take care of the rest!

Shalom in Him!