Thursday, November 16, 2023

Shalom,

We read John 14 in today's Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan. I LOVE the Gospel of John and today verses 1-4 really stood out to me!

1 Do not let your hearts be troubled (distressed, agitated). You believe in and adhere to and trust in and rely on God; believe in and adhere to and trust in and rely also on Me. 2 In My Father’s house there are many dwelling places (homes). If it were not so, I would have told you; for I am going away to prepare a place for you. 3 And when (if) I go and make ready a place for you, I will come back again and will take you to Myself, that where I am you may be also. 4 And [to the place] where I am going, you know the way.

What wonderful promises we have in just these 4 verses! Remember that "let" means CHOICE! I decide in my life and YOU decide in yours whether or not we will allow troubles, situations, circumstances to affect our heart! JESUS sais DO NOT! So let's NOT! JESUS is even now busy preparing our places in Heaven! And then He sais: "I WILL COME BACK"! That's His PROMISE to us! So let's be busy running our race and fulfilling our calling so that when He dos return, He will be WELLL PLEASED with us! Then JESUS also promised THIS in verse 12!

12 I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, if anyone steadfastly believes in Me, he will himself be able to do the things that I do; and he will do even greater things than these, because I go to the Father.

Before we inquire what the 'greater things' are, lets be busy doing the first things! Then verses 13-14 give another solemn promise from JESUS!

13 And I will do [I Myself will grant] whatever you ask in My Name [as presenting all that I Am], so that the Father may be glorified and extolled in (through) the Son. 14 [Yes] I will grant [I Myself will do for you] whatever you shall ask in My Name [as presenting all that I Am]

So let's ask HIM for what He has promised in His Word that He will do! Then BELIEVE so that we can RECEIVE all that HE has promised! And then the BEST promise is in verses 16-17!

16 And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with you forever— 17 The Spirit of Truth, Whom the world cannot receive (welcome, take to its heart), because it does not see Him or know and recognize Him. But you know and recognize Him, for He lives with you [constantly] and will be in you.

HE DID THIS! On the Day of Pentecost, JESUS sent HOLY SPIRIT to infill every born again believer! Reread the book of Acts and see what HOLY SPIRIT did through them, and what HE desires to do through US! HALLELUJAH!!! We are, of ALL people, MOST BLESSED! Here is Hillsong with "Every Breath":

Shalom in Him!