Thursday, March 22, 2012

Shalom,


Psalm 81:10-16:



    10I am the Lord your God, Who brought you up out of the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide and I will fill it. 11But My people would not hearken to My voice, and Israel would have none of Me. 12So I gave them up to their own hearts' lust and let them go after their own stubborn will, that they might follow their own counsels. 13Oh, that My people would listen to Me, that Israel would walk in My ways! 14Speedily then I would subdue their enemies and turn My hand against their adversaries. 15[Had Israel listened to Me in Egypt, then] those who hated the Lord would have come cringing before Him, and their defeat would have lasted forever. 16[God] would feed [Israel now] also with the finest of the wheat; and with honey out of the rock would I satisfy you.



Everything that has ever happened to the nation of Israel had its root in Israel's reaction to the One, True, Most High, Living, Almighty God of the Bible! He allowed them to freely choose and then to reap the results of their choices! Through all of these years He has continued to bless those individuals who would obey His Word, but the nation was in exile. They are STILL God's chosen people, though, because the gifts and callings of God are without repentance (Romans 11:27). That means that His Word concerning them and His promises to them will be performed! We, as believers in Jesus of Nazareth, have the awesome privilege of being adopted into that "family"! Read Romans 9 today, which is in the Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan for today, and you will see how HE feels about BOTH! Amen! Here is Hillsong United with "Yours Forever". THEY are and so are WE! Amen!




Shalom in Him!