Thursday, February 23, 2012

Shalom,


Today's Faith Food for Winter by Kenneth E. Hagin is entitled "Fear Not". Here is a portion of it:


God never comes with a message of fear. You can start in the Old Testament and trace all the way down through the New, and you will see that every time God manifested Himself to people, or sent angels or Jesus Himself, they always came with the message, "Be not afraid! Fear not!"


Fear doesn't come from God. It comes from the devil. Christians, including preachers and teachers, have no business going around putting fear into people. ...............


..........Fear is not the message of the Church. Faith is the message of the Church. Good cheer is the  message of the Church. Be not afraid is the message of the Church.


We can see this in practice in Psalm 54! The opportunity for fear is presented in verse 3:


3 For strangers and insolent men are rising up against me, and violent men and ruthless ones seek and demand my life; they do not set God before them. Selah [pause and calmly think of that]!


How does David handle the fear that the enemy is trying to "sell" to him? Verse 4:


4 Behold God is my helper and ally; the LORD is my upholder and is with them who uphold my life.


David reminded himself of the Greater One Who loved him! Then he declared verse 7:


7 For He has delivered me out of every trouble, and my eye has looked [in triumph] on my enemies.


Now "Go and do likewise" (Luke 10:37)! What I mean is, recognize the works of the enemy, then remind him AND yourself what the Word of the Living God has said! Declare and decree the result you desire from the Word of God. Then rejoice! God is rarely early, but He is NEVER late! Amen! Here is Hillsong United with "Freedom Is Here":




Shalom in Him!