Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Shalom,

We read Matthew 27 in our Bible Reading Plan today. We mentioned this when we looked at Psalm 22 a few days ago. I encourage you to go back and look at that again as you read and study Matthew 27 today! We will be looking at Psalm 27 today:

1THE LORD is my Light and my Salvation--whom shall I fear or dread? The Lord is the Refuge and Stronghold of my life--of whom shall I be afraid?

How can we fear anything in this life when we KNOW that we are on God's side?! Remember Romans 8:31:

31What then shall we say to [all] this? If God is for us, who [can be] against us? [Who can be our foe, if God is on our side?]

Then do what David did in verses 2-3! He reminded himself of the times when God delivered him in the past:

2When the wicked, even my enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.

3Though a host encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war arise against me, [even then] in this will I be confident.

Then, encouraged by that, he spoke out what he desired to have the Lord do for him:

4One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek, inquire for, and [insistently] require: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord [in His presence] all the days of my life, to behold and gaze upon the beauty [the sweet attractiveness and the delightful loveliness] of the Lord and to meditate, consider, and inquire in His temple.

5For in the day of trouble He will hide me in His shelter; in the secret place of His tent will He hide me; He will set me high upon a rock.

6And now shall my head be lifted up above my enemies round about me; in His tent I will offer sacrifices and shouting of joy; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord.

7Hear, O Lord, when I cry aloud; have mercy and be gracious to me and answer me!

8You have said, Seek My face [inquire for and require My presence as your vital need]. My heart says to You, Your face (Your presence), Lord, will I seek, inquire for, and require [of necessity and on the authority of Your Word].

Then he exhorts US to have this attitude in times of tests, trials and tribulations:

14Wait and hope for and expect the Lord; be brave and of good courage and let your heart be stout and enduring. Yes, wait for and hope for and expect the Lord.

Great advice from the man who consistently went AFTER God's own heart! Make loving HIM, pleasing HIM, waiting on HIM and serving Him be your first priority. Then you will have the same confidence in the Lord that David had! And YOU have a BETTER covenant, based on better promises, than David had (Hebrews 8:6)! Meditate on THAT until it becomes real to you! Fear will leave, boldness will come, and then you're off and running!

Shalom in Him!