Saturday, May 26, 2018

Shalom,

Today we read Psalm 145 in our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan. Verses 1-2 say this:
I will extol You, my God, O King; and I will bless Your name forever and ever [with grateful, affectionate praise]. Every day [with its new reasons] will I bless You [affectionately and gratefully praise You]; yes, I will praise Your name forever and ever.

Did you notice that it says that the psalmist, who is David in this Psalm, says that he has new reasons, EVERY DAY, to praise the LORD? David didn't have new reasons to praise the LORD every single day because extraordinary and spectacular manifestations of the presence of God were experienced by him every day. David had new reasons to praise the LORD because he meditated on everything that the LORD had already done for Him, and on the promises that His covenant with Almighty God gave to him. If David, who did NOT have the BETTER Covenant that we do, had new reasons every day to praise God, don't you think that WE should have SO MUCH MORE? After all, David walked WITH God, when he was in fellowship with Him, but God LIVES IN US! SO MUCH MORE should WE extol HIM! Praise His Name and worship HIM! AMEN! Now let's see what else David had to say about this subject! Verses 3-7:
Great is the Lord and highly to be praised; and His greatness is [so vast and deep as to be] unsearchable. One generation shall laud Your works to another and shall declare Your mighty acts. On the glorious splendor of Your majesty and on Your wondrous works I will meditate. Men shall speak of the might of Your tremendous and terrible acts, and I will declare Your greatness. They shall pour forth [like a fountain] the fame of Your great and abundant goodness and shall sing aloud of Your rightness and justice.

The fame of our LORD should pour forth from each and every one of us as a fountain! How are YOU doing in that department? As for me, I need to up my game! I intend to start right now!  Will you join me? HALLELUJAH! Here is Hillsong with "Behold (Then Sings My Soul )":



Shalom in Him!