Saturday, February 25, 2017

Shalom,

When you were growing up, did you ever hear this: "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me"? We would hear this whenever we were made to feel bad because someone called us names or made fun of us. As I grew up in the Word, I came to find out that words are POWERFUL! We see THIS as a warning in Proverbs 18:20:

A man’s [moral] self shall be filled with the fruit of his mouth; and with the consequence of his words he must be satisfied [whether good or evil].

Then we see this promise in John 15:7:

If you live in Me [abide vitally united to Me] and My words remain in you and continue to live in your hearts, ask whatever you will, and it shall be done for you.

And then this one from Mark 11:23:

Truly I tell you, whoever says to this mountain, Be lifted up and thrown into the sea! and does not doubt at all in his heart but believes that what he says will take place, it will be done for him.

AMEN! God's Word is TRUTH (John 17:17) and He means exactly what He says! So how do we deal with others saying things about us? Notice that in all of these verses, it is our very own words that will cause us to be either blessed or not! NOT the words of anyone else! As a parent, we can affect the hearts of our children by the words that we speak over them and in their presence! Make sure that YOUR words edify, build up and empower your children and those around you! BE a BLESSING! Amen! When children grow up, it is THEIR words that will produce a harvest in their lives, so prepare them NOW to speak good and Godly things! What do we do when others speak evil of us? We do what David did in Psalm 56 from our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan for today! Psalm 56:3-4 and 9-13:
What time I am afraid, I will have confidence in and put my trust and reliance in You. By [the help of] God I will praise His word; on God I lean, rely, and confidently put my trust; I will not fear. What can man, who is flesh, do to me?
Then shall my enemies turn back in the day that I cry out; this I know, for God is for me. 10 In God, Whose word I praise, in the Lord, Whose word I praise, 11 In God have I put my trust and confident reliance; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? 12 Your vows are upon me, O God; I will render praise to You and give You thank offerings. 13 For You have delivered my life from death, yes, and my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of life and of the living.

We will praise HIM, for HE responds to us according to our faith and NOT according to the words of others! AMEN! Now if we agree with them, and begin to repeat what they say, then we will have to be satisfied with the fruit that those words produce. But if we reject anything and everything that is said to and about us when it is contrary to the Word of God, and replace it with what God's Word REALLY says, then we WILL have what WE say! AMEN! Remember, there is POWER in the SPOKEN WORD! So, SPEAK THE WORD! Here is Hillsong United with "Say The Word":



Shalom in Him!