Saturday, February 11, 2017

Shalom,

We read Psalm 42 today in our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan. In the first six verses the psalmist is addressing God, Hebrew Elohim, the Godhead: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. In verses 1-2 he proclaims his love and longing for God:
As the hart pants and longs for the water brooks, so I pant and long for You, O God. My inner self thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and behold the face of God?

He then begins to speak of his problems, but then says this to himself in verse 5:

Why are you cast down, O my inner self? And why should you moan over me and be disquieted within me? Hope in God and wait expectantly for Him, for I shall yet praise Him, my Help and my God.

He reminds himself that his help is found in God! Then the real revelation comes in verse 8 when he says this:

Yet the Lord will command His loving-kindness in the daytime, and in the night His song shall be with me, a prayer to the God of my life.

Now he speaks of the Covenant when says "the LORD"! This is Jehovah, the eternal, self-existing one. This is the Covenant Name of God! The Jehovah Names for God reveal Who He is in every situation for those who belong to HIM! Follow the example of this psalmist with every situation that you face! Acknowledge the God of the Bible. proclaim Who He is to YOU in this situation! He IS the DELIVERER! Trust Him! Here is Hillsong Worship with "As It Is":


Shalom in Him!