Monday, October 17, 2011

Shalom,


Psalm 108:1:


1 O GOD, my heart is fixed (steadfast, in the confidence of faith); I will sing, yes, I will sing praises, even with my glory [all the faculties and powers of one created in Your image]!


The word "fixed" here is the Hebrew word "kuwn", which means to be firm; to be stable; to be established; to be secure; to be firmly established; to be firmly anchored; to be immovable! The Amplified Bible, above, got part of it, but there is so much more! This is the picture of a person who is so settled and absolutely convinced of Who our God is AND in the power and importance of praising Him for it! He goes onto say this in verses 2-3:


2 Awake, harp and lyre; I myself will wake very early -- I will waken the dawn! 3 I will praise and give thanks to You, O LORD, among the peoples; and i will sing praises unto You among the nations.


Make it your daily priority to begin every day with praise, thanksgiving and worship to the One, True, Most High, Living, Almighty God of the Bible so that you will be in position to MAKE IT a GREAT day! Amen!


James 5 begins with a warning to the "rich". He is not speaking to everyone who possesses wealth, but to those who place their faith, trust and confidence in the wealth and riches instead of in the One, True God! Verses 2-3 could be taken right out of our headlines in the news today! Make sure that YOUR faith, trust, and confidence is in HIM! Then, when tests and trials DO come, you will have confidence in the supernatural power of Almighty God to put you over in victory every time! James 5:16b is referring to YOU:


16b The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes much power available [dynamic in its working].


You and I have the authority to use the Name of Jesus to pray His Word into the earth and into the lives of the people we come in contact with who are hurting and/or lost! Be about YOUR special ministry and HE will be with working with YOU! Here is a song from Hillsong United about prayer! "Desert Song":




Jeremiah 23-24 continues to reveal the fate of the ungodly kings, expose the false prophets who are prophesying lies and turning the people away from hearing the true message of God being delivered by Jeremiah and the other prophets that God had sent, and reveal the future for the people who repent (change their thinking to agree with God) and those who refuse. Jeremiaha 24:6-7 is a good Word for the righteous!


6 For I will set My eyes upon them for good, and I will bring them again to this land; and I will build them up and not pull them down, and I will plant them and not pluck them up. 7 And I will give them a heart to know (recognize, understand, and be acquainted with) Me, that I am the LORD; and they will return to Me with their whole heart.


Make it your determined purpose to always change YOUR thinking to agree with HIM when you find a difference of opinion! He is ALWAYS right! 


Shalom in Him!