Saturday, September 25, 2010

Shalom,


Psalm 86:2 says this in the NKJV:


2 Preserve my life, for I am holy; You are my God; Save Your servant who trusts in You!


The word translated "holy" here is the Hebrew word, "chaciyd", which means: godly, faithful, and is a Covenant word. What David was saying here is that he is holy BECAUSE of his Covenant relationship with Almighty God! To "preserve" is the Hebrew word, "shamar", which means: to keep, to guard, to protect, to have charge of. David also said this to God in verses 10-11:


10 For You are great and work wonders! You alone are God. 11 Teach me Your way, O Lord, that I may walk and live in Your Truth; direct and unite my heart [solely, reverently] to fear and honor Your Name.


That covenant relationship with God and knowing Him is what gave David the great faith and trust and confidence in God that he had! He continually praised God and thanked God for the good things in his life! Since we have a BETTER COVENANT - GO THOU AND DO LIKEWISE!


In Luke 7 we see the story of the faith-filled centurion, the woman with the special ointment and the widow who had her son raised up fro the dead! All in a day's work for our Jesus! Be thinking about how YOU would respond if you were presented with these needs by someone you come in contact with! Remember that Jesus said, in John 14:12:


12 I assure you, most solemnly I tell  you, if anyone steadfastly believes in Me, he will himself  be able to do the things that I do; and he will do even greater things because I go to My Father.


THAT is how the Father sees us! He is just waiting for us to MOVE  so He can confirm the Word we speak and the things we do in obedience to His Word! AMEN!


In Hosea 13-14  finishes the Book of Hosea. The nation of Israel has been warned and warned and warned to turn from their wickedness and to turn back to God! Do they do it? Well, the people of Israel had been dispersed from their homeland because of their disobedience and did not return until the 1948, when Israel became a nation AGAIN and FOREVER!  Always make sure to pray for the nation of Israel and the city of Jerusalem! AMEN!


Shalom in Him!