Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Shalom,

Psalm 62 is another Psalm of David. He had to have been encouraging himself in the Lord again in this one! Three times he refers to the Lord as his "rock", the Hebrew word, "tsuwr", which means: refuge, strength, mighty God!We find this is verses 2,6 & 7:

2He only is my Rock and my Salvation, my Defense and my Fortress, I shall not be greatly moved.
6He only is my Rock and my Salvation; He is my Defense and my Fortress, I shall not be moved.

7With God rests my salvation and my glory; He is my Rock of unyielding strength and impenetrable hardness, and my refuge is in God!

In verses 1,2 & 6, the word "salvation" is actually the Hebrew word, "yeshuw`ah", which means: salvation, deliverance, welfare, prosperity and victory! That sounds like great encouragement to me! Let's follow David's example and remind ourselves daily Who He is, what He has, what He can do, and who WE are (in Him), what WE have and what WE can do! Think, talk and act like the winner God made you to be! You'll start to look like it, too!

In Mark 6 we find Jesus returning to His home town to minister. Because they knew Him as He was growing up, these people have a very hard time accepting that He IS the Messiah! Even though they have all heard of His works (verse 2):

2And on the Sabbath He began to teach in the synagogue; and many who listened to Him were utterly astonished, saying, Where did this Man acquire all this? What is the wisdom [the broad and full intelligence which has been] given to Him? What mighty works and exhibitions of power are wrought by His hands!

...they still can't receive from Him (verse 3):

3Is not this the Carpenter, the son of Mary and the brother of James andJoses and Judas and Simon? And are not His sisters here among us? And they took offense at Him and were hurt [that is, they disapproved of Him, and it hindered them from acknowledging His authority] and they were caused to stumble and fall.

Amazing, but true! Our lesson in this is to never forget that even though God uses people to stand in the ministry "offices", the Anointing is of GOD! Some believers will travel the world over to get into the meeting of some noted minster, and never receive from their own Pastors. That's what was happening here and this is what the results were (verses 4-6):

4But Jesus said to them, A prophet is not without honor (deference, reverence) except in his [own] country and among [his] relatives and in his [own] house.

5And He was not able to do even one work of power there, except that He laid His hands on a few sickly people [and] cured them.

6And He marveled because of their unbelief (their lack of faith in Him). And He went about among the surrounding villages and continued teaching.


The response that Jesus had was to continue to teach the people and to send out His disciples to do the same work He had been doing!

In this chapter we also see what happened with John the Baptist and how Herod, who had a "reverential" fear of John (verse 20):

20For Herod had [a reverential] fear of John, knowing that he was a righteous and holy man, and [continually] kept him safe [under guard]. When he heard [John speak], he was much perplexed; and [yet] he heard him gladly.

...still succumbed to peer pressure and had John put to death! He had so many chances to receive the Truth! Not a very glorious end in sight for him!

In Exodus we see Moses interceding for the people again. He makes a return trip up the mountain to get, again, the tablets filled with the Law. Moses asks to know God more in verse 33:13:

13Now therefore, I pray You, if I have found favor in Your sight, show me now Your way, that I may know You [progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with You, perceiving and recognizing and understanding more strongly and clearly] and that I may find favor in Your sight. And [Lord, do] consider that this nation is Your people.

Moses spends time with God and the people KNOW it! People will KNOW when you and I spend quality time getting to KNOW Him more, too! Make it YOUR determined purpose to KNOW Him!

Shalom in Him!