Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Shalom,

Psalm 61:1-2 is the start of an old familiar song! I have always liked this song:


1Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.

2From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. (KJV)

The Amplified Bible says:

1HEAR MY cry, O God; listen to my prayer.

2From the end of the earth will I cry to You, when my heart is overwhelmed and fainting; lead me to the rock that is higher than I [yes, a rock that is too high for me].


"Hear" is the Hebrew word, "shama`", which means: to to hear with attention or interest, to listen, to understand, my "cry", the Hebrew word, "rinnah", which means: entreaty supplication, proclamation, joy and praise. "Attend" is the Hebrew word, "quashab", which means: to heed, to be attentive, to incline thine ear, to pay attention, to hearken, to my prayer!What David is saying here is that whenever he is under attack from the enemy, he cries out to God, fully expecting that He will hear and deliver him! We should have the same confidence!

In Mark 5 we see Jesus dealing with the demoniac. The evil spirit recognized Who Jesus was! When Jesus cast out the "legion" (many evil spirits) from the man, they asked to be allowed to go into the herd of pigs. When the pigs were filled with demons, they ran headlong into the seas. The people who came saw what had happened to the demon possessed man. Do you think they were happy to see the man set free? Some may have been, but they asked Jesus to leave. Why would that be? The principle at work here is found in 1 Timothy 6:10:

10For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

It is the LOVE of money that IS the root of all evil! Is there an evil that you see in the world? Follow the money to get to the source! ALWAYS! These "people" were actually farmers. Even though they could see a miracle with their own eyes, they were more concerned about what other livestock they would lose if Jesus kept casting out devils! Make sure God is ALWAYS your source of supply and you won't ever get into that way of thinking!

We won't be covering everything that can be covered in this blog, just what seems to stand out to me each day in the Bible plan. We may cover Jairus and his daughter and the woman with the issue of blood another time, but I do want to point out something here. Did you notice the difference between those who "laughed Him to scorn" in verse 40 and the woman in verses 27-28:


27She had heard the reports concerning Jesus, and she came up behind Him in the throng and touched His garment,

28For she kept saying, If I only touch His garments, I shall be restored to health.

She believed and said what she wanted to have happen! She also GOT what she believed and said! Look at verse 29:

29And immediately her flow of blood was dried up at the source, and [suddenly] she felt in her body that she was healed of her [distressing] ailment.

And then verse 34:

34And He said to her, Daughter, your faith (your trust and confidence in Me, springing from faith in God) has restored you to health. Go in (into) peace and be continually healed and freed from your [distressing bodily] disease.

AMEN! Jairus believed that Jesus could and would heal his daughter. The situation made him stretch his faith to believe that Jesus could do something even afterwards! He didn't give in to fear and his daughter was raised! The people around had to have heard something about Jesus, but now they, too, knew! Exciting!

In Exodus 31-32 we see the Lord telling Moses that He had called and equipped Bezaleel to do the work He had for him to do. The Lord had filled Bezaleel with the Spirit of God and given him wisdom and knowledge and understanding and creativity to accomplish what God had called him to do. Has God called you to do something specific with the gifts and talents that He has already given you? If so, then you will be encouraged by reading verse 6:

6And behold, I have appointed with him Aholiab son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan; and to all who are wisehearted I have given wisdom and ability to make all that I have commanded you:

God has put into the heart of those who are wise, all of the wisdom they will need to carry out the work He has called them to! That means YOU, too! Find ways to use the unique, individual gifts and talents that God has blessed you with, for the benefit of others! you will be amazed at how much your gifts and talents will grow and increase! ATTITUDE is so very important!

Then we see the people having absolutely no patience in waiting for Moses. Nothing new here is there?! The part that has always been a mystery to me is how Aaron went along with this! Part of my thinking is that he didn't have the same anointing as Moses had to deal with these people. Maybe he was stalling it out so that Moses would have time to get back down the mountain by the time Aaron was finished. I've never seen it explained how Aaron could get away with saying Exodus 32:24:

24I said to them, Those who have any gold, let them take it off. So they gave it to me; then I cast it into the fire, and there came out this calf.

One thing is certain, though. God did hold the people accountable for their part in this. Notice verse 35:

35And the Lord sent a plague upon the people because they made the calf which Aaron fashioned for them.

What did we learn? Obey God, be patient, continue to hear the Word so faith grows, act on the Word and never give up! At least that's what I learned today! AMEN!

Shalom in Him!