Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Shalom,

The subtitle under Psalm 102 in today's Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan says this:

A Prayer of the afflicted; when he is overwhelmed and faint and pours out his complaint to God.

We all have had moments when we were tempted to 'feel' inadequate, useless, not needed, unappreciated and not worthy. The line up above tells us that this Psalm is a prayer about those who are afflicted or overwhelmed! This Psalm has the psalmist pouring out his heart to God as he feels 'less than'! Less than enough! Less than anointed! Less than favored! Less than protected. I always found verse 6 to be very amusing! 

I am like a melancholy pelican or vulture of the wilderness; I am like a [desolate] owl of the waste places.

I can't say that I have EVER seen a 'regular' pelican, let alone a 'melancholy' one! BUT, not one thing, seems to be legitimate right now! I hope that YOU are beginning to find your place in God's scheme of things' for YOUR own life and them lives of your family! Here is Brooke Ligertwood with "Ancient Gates":

Shalom in Him!