Thursday, July 4, 2019

Shalom,

Happy Independence Day! We read Psalm 3 in our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan for today and I have always loved this Psalm! Look at verses 1-2:
Lord, how they are increased who trouble me! Many are they who rise up against me. Many are saying of me, There is no help for him in God.Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!

Many of us, along with very many believers in other nations, have been saying this for sometime now! Our faith AND what has been our American culture since the beginning of our nation has come under almost continual attack and some have become discouraged and depressed because of it. The good news? NONE of this has taken the God of the Bible by surprise! We MUST remind ourselves just WHO HE IS! AND who WE are - IN HIM! Look at verses 3-6 for our perfect response!
But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, my glory, and the lifter of my head. With my voice I cry to the Lord, and He hears and answers me out of His holy hill. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]! I lay down and slept; I wakened again, for the Lord sustains me. I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people who have set themselves against me round about.

Remind yourself of what the Word of God says about you until you, too, can sing THAT to the LORD!  Verse 8 should ALWAYS be OUR declaration! 

Salvation belongs to the Lord; May Your blessing be upon Your people. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!

AMEN! Refuse to give in to the lies and fear tactics, schemes and strategies of the enemy! Remember, He IS a liar and the father of all liars! Instead, sing THIS great older song by Kent Henry and REJOICE! 



Shalom in Him!