Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Shalom,

Today's "Faith Food" by Kenneth E. Hagin contains one of my very favorite testimonies on the authority of the born again believer! 

Whom Resist


"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about, seeking whom he may devour: whom resist steadfast in the faith" (1 Peter 5:8-9). 

In 1942, I had a battle with symptoms in my body. I prayed, appropriated the promises of God, and stood my ground. But at times it looked like I wasn't going to make it. 

One such night I had a dream. I dreamed another man and I were on some kind of a parade ground. It was like a football field. There were stands on either side. As we walked along talking, suddenly the man looked back and yelled, "Look!" and he started running. I turned and saw that two ferocious lions were almost upon me. I ran about two steps. Then I hollered to the other man, "You'll never make it! You can't outrun them!" I stopped still, turned around, and faced them. 

I was trembling. My flesh was covered with goose pimples. But I said, "I stand against you. I refuse to budge in the Name of Jesus Christ." The lions stopped, came right up to me, sniffed around my feet, and just trotted off. 

I awoke, and
First Peter 5:8 came to my mind. I knew my physical battle was won. I received healing immediately. I had almost run, but I stood my ground. I had used my authority. 

Confession: I resist the devil steadfast in the faith. I stand my ground. I use my authority. And the devil runs from me as if in terror. 

Notice this from James 4:7:

So submit to God. Resist the devil [stand firm against him] and he will flee from you.

SUBMIT, first of all, to GOD and THEN resist the lies, tricks, schemes and strategies of the devil! When we do, THEN he will flee from us! One translation sayas: as though in terror! Get the devil on the run by standing immoveable on God's mighty power and by His powerful WORD! AMEN! JHere is  Hillsong with "Say The Word":


Shalom in Him!