Monday, October 25, 2010

Shalom,


Psalm 116 is all about answered prayer and the goodness of God to deliver! Verses 1-2:


1 I LOVE the LORD, because He has heard [and now hears] my voice and my supplications. 2 Because He has inclined His ear to me, therefore will I call upon Him as long as I live.


There are many references throughout the Bible where God's people called on Him and He answered. There also many Scriptures that instruct us to call on Him! He IS a prayer answering, delivering God! He is good and His mercy endures forever! What can we possibly do to thank Him for Who He is and all He's done? Verses 12-13:


12 What shall I render to the LORD for all His benefits toward me? [How can I repay Him for all His bountiful dealings?] 13 I will lift up the cup of salvation and deliverance and call on the name of the LORD.


In my meditation I believe that this means to declare the Gospel! The word "salvation" here is the Hebrew word, "yeshuw`ah", and you KNOW Who's Name that is! He said in John 12:32:


32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. 


The desire of God's heart is that NONE should perish, but all come to repentance. (2 Peter 3:9) If we TRULY love Him, we will make His #1 priority, OUR #1 priority! In season and out of season - PREACH THE GOSPEL! AMEN!


We will look at the above verse today in 2 Peter 3:9:


9 The Lord does not delay and is not tardy or slow about what He promises, according to some people's conception of slowness, but He is long-suffering (extraordinarily patient) toward you, not desiring that any should perish, but that all should turn to repentance.


If we set ourselves to be about our Father's business, we will find things falling into place like never before! How do we stay in position? Verse 18:


18 But grow in grace and recognition and knowledge and understanding of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (the Messiah). To Him [be] glory (honor, majesty, and splendor) both now and to the day of eternity. Amen (so be it)!


Continue to grow up in the things of God by spending time every day in the Word of God, in praise and worship, in study and meditation, and in obedience to the Word that you hear. It's time to "put away childish things" and finally be mature in the faith! You've GOT the vital answer - share it!


Daniel 11-12 deal with the prophetic. The prophecies covered in Daniel 11:1-35 were concerning Persia, Greece, Egypt and Syria; all were fulfilled. The prophecies covered in Daniel 11:36 - 12:3 were concerning the nation of Israel, the Tribulation and the antichrist and have yet to be fulfilled. The remaining verses were final instructions to Daniel. My favorite verse for today is Daniel 12:3:


3 And the teachers and those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the firmament, and those who turn many to righteousness (to uprightness and right standing with God) [shall give forth light] like the stars forever and ever.


Again, share the Word, preach the Gospel, BE the Light in your world and YOU will shine like this! AMEN!


Shalom in Him!