Thursday, August 26, 2010

Shalom,

From Wednesdays Bible Plan

Psalm 55:1-2 reveal David's emotional state as He calls out to God:

1LISTEN TO my prayer, O God, and hide not Yourself from my supplication! 2Attend to me and answer me; I am restless and distraught in my complaint and must moan

Why is David restless and distraught? We find out in verses 12-14:

12For it is not an enemy who reproaches and taunts me--then I might bear it; nor is it one who has hated me who insolently vaunts himself against me--then I might hide from him 13But it was you, a man my equal, my companion and my familiar friend. 14We had sweet fellowship together and used to walk to the house of God in company.

David had been betrayed by a formerly trusted friend and advisor, Ahithophel, who had left in support of Absalom. Have YOU ever been betrayed by one so closely trusted? Many of us have! David did the right thing by calling out to God for help! Why? We find the answer in Hebrew 4:15:

15For we do not have a High Priest Who is unable to understand and sympathize and have a shared feeling with our weaknesses and infirmities and liability to the assaults of temptation, but One Who has been tempted in every respect as we are, yet without sinning.

How was He touched with this temptation? Remember Judas? I dare say none of us have experienced such an intense betrayal as Jesus did! This was His life that was at stake! And yet He DID NOT sin over it! He truly CAN help with these emotions because he understands them! Do what David did when YOU feel betrayed. Do what David did in verse 16:

16As for me, I will call upon God, and the Lord will save me.

Cry out to HIM! Go to the Word and the Holy Spirit for comfort, after all, He IS your Comforter!

When we were in Israel in April our Guide showed us the only spot around the Sea of Galilee where the pigs could have gone over a cliff and into the water. It was amazing to see the actual places that we've read about for years in the Bible! In Mark 5 we see this account again. The really important thing to remember from this story isn't the fact that the pigs went over the cliff. It isn't the fact that the demons entered the pigs. It isn't the fact that the demons claimed to be named "Legion" (demons are liars anyway!). It isn't even HOW this man became demon possessed. The most important Truths to take from this are that:
  1. Jesus wanted that man delivered from demonic possession and oppression.
  2. No matter how many and what they are called, the NAME OF JESUS has all authority over every demon. At that Name, they MUST flee!
So use the Name of Jesus, in accordance with God's Word, and expect to get the same results that Jesus got when He spoke!

In Isaiah 23 he prophesies what will happen in the future to the city of Tyre. These prophecies were fulfilled in the years following. The city was destroyed by Nebuchadnezzar and rebuilt by Alexander the Great. Jesus and Paul both visited there during their ministries. Isaiah 24 prophesies of things yet to come at the time of the end. Knowing that the previous prophecies were all fulfilled give us confidence to know that this will be, too. I believe that the time is very short to reach the lost before the Church of Jesus Christ is caught away to be with Him forever! What will take place during the 7 years of "Jacob's Trouble" is not really for us to concern ourselves with. WE need to be about our Father's business of sharing the Gospel so all who are now lost will have the opportunity to come to Him! That's plenty to have on our minds and hearts! Don't you agree?

Shalom in Him!