Thursday, August 14, 2008

Shalom,

We will be looking at a verse from the Gospel of John today:

John 14:6 (KJV)
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.


What was Jesus saying here? Let's break it down a little. Jesus, in answer to Thomas' question, is declaring something about Himself that we as believers need to have settled as absolute Truth in our hearts. He said that He is the "way", the Greek word, hodos, which means: a road, the route, the mode, the means; the "truth", the Greek word, alethia, which means: true, truly, truth, verity (the quality or state of being true or real); and the "life", the Greek word, zoe, which means: life in the absolute sense, life as God has it in Himself. Then He goes on to say that "no man", the Greek word, oudeis, which means: not even one (man, woman or thing), none, nobody, nothing; cometh unto the Father but "by", the Greek word, dia, which means: through; me.

What Jesus is saying here is that there is NO OTHER way to get to God except through Him. Through believing that Jesus, the Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One) came to this earth, died on the Cross for our (yours and mine) sins, rose again from the dead and is now alive and sitting at the right hand of God the Father in Heaven. Through receiving Him as our personal Saviour and confessing with our mouths that He is our Lord! You need to understand this so that you can share this with the unbelievers that you come in contact with. If you believe that, but have never received Jesus as YOUR Lord and personal Saviour, then I invite you to pray this prayer right now:

Almighty God, I am a sinner. I believe that Jesus Christ came to this earth, died on the cross for me, was raised from the dead, and is now seated at Your right hand. I accept and receive Jesus Christ as my personal Saviour and I invite Him to come into my heart and become Lord over my life. I thank You now Father, for welcoming me into Your family. You are my Father. I am Your child. Jesus is my Lord! Amen.

You have just taken the only way there is to get to God the Father and to have Heaven as your home when you leave this earth! Now you need to get into the Word of God so you can find out all that God, in His great love for you, has provided for you! You need to get into a good local church where they teach the Word of God boldly, uncompromisingly, precisely and accurately so that you can continue to grow up as a believer. Check out The Spoken Word Church website through the link on the left. If you're in our area, come join us. If you're not, then please contact us and we will get you in contact with a Bible teaching church in your area. It's vital for you!

Shalom in Him!