Saturday, May 3, 2008

Shalom,

Were you able to find the Word in all of the first 88 verses of Psalm 119? Here are the remaining 88 verses:

Ps 119:89-176 (Amplified)
89Forever, O Lord, Your word is settled in heaven [stands firm as the heavens].
90Your faithfulness is from generation to generation; You have established the earth, and it stands fast.
91All [the whole universe] are Your servants; therefore they continue this day according to Your ordinances.
92Unless Your law had been my delight, I would have perished in my affliction.
93I will never forget Your precepts, [how can I?] for it is by them You have quickened me (granted me life).
94I am Yours, therefore save me [Your own]; for I have sought (inquired of and for) Your precepts and required them [as my urgent need].
95The wicked wait for me to destroy me, but I will consider Your testimonies.
96I have seen that everything [human] has its limits and end [no matter how extensive, noble, and excellent]; but Your commandment is exceedingly broad and extends without limits [into eternity].
97Oh, how love I Your law! It is my meditation all the day.
98You, through Your commandments, make me wiser than my enemies, for [Your words] are ever before me.
99I have better understanding and deeper insight than all my teachers, because Your testimonies are my meditation.
100I understand more than the aged, because I keep Your precepts [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying them].
101I have restrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep Your word [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying it].
102I have not turned aside from Your ordinances, for You Yourself have taught me.
103How sweet are Your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
104Through Your precepts I get understanding; therefore I hate every false way.
105Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
106I have sworn [an oath] and have confirmed it, that I will keep Your righteous ordinances [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying them].
107I am sorely afflicted; renew and quicken me [give me life], O Lord, according to Your word!
108Accept, I beseech You, the freewill offerings of my mouth, O Lord, and teach me Your ordinances.
109My life is continually in my hand, yet I do not forget Your law.
110The wicked have laid a snare for me, yet I do not stray from Your precepts.
111Your testimonies have I taken as a heritage forever, for they are the rejoicing of my heart.
112I have inclined my heart to perform Your statutes forever, even to the end.
113I hate the thoughts of undecided [in religion], double-minded people, but Your law do I love.
114You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in Your word.
115Depart from me, you evildoers, that I may keep the commandments of my God [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying them].
116Uphold me according to Your promise, that I may live; and let me not be put to shame in my hope!
117Hold me up, that I may be safe and have regard for Your statutes continually!
118You spurn and set at nought all those who stray from Your statutes, for their own lying deceives them and their tricks are in vain.
119You put away and count as dross all the wicked of the earth [for there is no true metal in them]; therefore I love Your testimonies.
120My flesh trembles and shudders for fear and reverential, worshipful awe of You, and I am afraid and in dread of Your judgments.
121I have done justice and righteousness; leave me not to those who would oppress me.
122Be surety for Your servant for good [as Judah was surety for the safety of Benjamin]; let not the proud oppress me.
123My eyes fail, watching for Your salvation and for the fulfillment of Your righteous promise.
124Deal with Your servant according to Your mercy and loving-kindness, and teach me Your statutes.
125I am Your servant; give me understanding (discernment and comprehension), that I may know (discern and be familiar with the character of) Your testimonies.
126It is time for the Lord to act; they have frustrated Your law.
127Therefore I love Your commandments more than [resplendent] gold, yes, more than [perfectly] refined gold.
128Therefore I esteem as right all, yes, all Your precepts; I hate every false way.
129Your testimonies are wonderful [far exceeding anything conceived by man]; therefore my [penitent] self keeps them [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying them].
130The entrance and unfolding of Your words give light; their unfolding gives understanding (discernment and comprehension) to the simple.
131I opened my mouth and panted [with eager desire], for I longed for Your commandments.
132Look upon me, be merciful unto me, and show me favor, as is Your way to those who love Your name.
133Establish my steps and direct them by [means of] Your word; let not any iniquity have dominion over me.
134Deliver me from the oppression of man; so will I keep Your precepts [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying them].
135Make Your face shine [with pleasure] upon Your servant, and teach me Your statutes.
136Streams of water run down my eyes, because men do not keep Your law [they hear it not, nor receive it, love it, or obey it].
137[Rigidly] righteous are You, O Lord, and upright are Your judgments and all expressions of Your will.
138You have commanded and appointed Your testimonies in righteousness and in great faithfulness.
139My zeal has consumed me and cut me off, because my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
140Your word is very pure (tried and well refined); therefore Your servant loves it.
141I am small (insignificant) and despised, but I do not forget Your precepts.
142Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and Your law is truth.
143Trouble and anguish have found and taken hold on me, yet Your commandments are my delight.
144Your righteous testimonies are everlasting and Your decrees are binding to eternity; give me understanding and I shall live [give me discernment and comprehension and I shall not die].
145I cried with my whole heart; hear me, O Lord; I will keep Your statutes [I will hear, receive, love, and obey them].
146I cried to You; save me, that I may keep Your testimonies [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying them].
147I anticipated the dawning of the morning and cried [in childlike prayer]; I hoped in Your word.
148My eyes anticipate the night watches and I am awake before the cry of the watchman, that I may meditate on Your word.
149Hear my voice according to Your steadfast love; O Lord, quicken me and give me life according to Your [righteous] decrees.
150They draw near who follow after wrong thinking and persecute me with wickedness; they are far from Your law.
151You are near, O Lord [nearer to me than my foes], and all Your commandments are truth.
152Of old have I known Your testimonies, and for a long time, [therefore it is a thoroughly established conviction] that You have founded them forever.
153Consider my affliction and deliver me, for I do not forget Your law.
154Plead my cause and redeem me; revive me and give me life according to Your word.
155Salvation is far from the wicked, for they seek not nor hunger for Your statutes.
156Great are Your tender mercy and loving-kindness, O Lord; give me life according to Your ordinances.
157Many are my persecutors and my adversaries, yet I do not swerve from Your testimonies.
158I behold the treacherous and am grieved and loathe them, because they do not respect Your law [neither hearing, receiving, loving, nor obeying it].
159Consider how I love Your precepts; revive me and give life to me, O Lord, according to Your loving-kindness!
160The sum of Your word is truth [the total of the full meaning of all Your individual precepts]; and every one of Your righteous decrees endures forever.
161Princes pursue and persecute me without cause, but my heart stands in awe of Your words [dreading violation of them far more than the force of prince or potentate].
162I rejoice at Your word as one who finds great spoil.
163I hate and abhor falsehood, but Your law do I love.
164Seven times a day and all day long do I praise You because of Your righteous decrees.
165Great peace have they who love Your law; nothing shall offend them or make them stumble.
166I am hoping and waiting [eagerly] for Your salvation, O Lord, and I do Your commandments.

167Your testimonies have I kept [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying them]; I love them exceedingly!
168I have observed Your precepts and Your testimonies, for all my ways are [fully known] before You.
169Let my mournful cry and supplication come [near] before You, O Lord; give me understanding (discernment and comprehension) according to Your word [of assurance and promise].
170Let my supplication come before You; deliver me according to Your word!
171My lips shall pour forth praise [with thanksgiving and renewed trust] when You teach me Your statutes.
172My tongue shall sing [praise for the fulfillment] of Your word, for all Your commandments are righteous.
173Let Your hand be ready to help me, for I have chosen Your precepts.
174I have longed for Your salvation, O Lord, and Your law is my delight.
175Let me live that I may praise You, and let Your decrees help me.
176I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek, inquire for, and demand Your servant, for I do not forget Your commandments.


Verse 89 has always been one of my favorites. "Forever" is the Hebrew word, `owlam, which means: time out of mind (used of past or future), antiquity or ancient (used of the past); forever, always (used of future); perpetual, continuous existence; everlasting; unending future; eternity. God's Word has always been and always will be. You can't find anything more stable and sure than that! And this verse also says that His Word is "settled", the Hebrew word, natsab, which means: to station onself, to stand firm, to be fixed and established. Now that's something we can count on!

When we DO verse 97 (loving the Word and meditating on it) then verses 98-100 are the result! We gain layer upon layer of knowledge of His Word and become wiser than our enemies, gain more knowledge than our teachers and receive revelation of the Word beyond those who've gone before us! That's how God intended for it to be! I would certainly hope that those I teach would take what I share with them and allow the Holy Spirit to add new insight to it and then they surpass me!

Verse 105 should be very familiar to everyone! I also love verses 129-130! His Word is wonderful and way beyond and above ANY thought that man could come up with! When we meditate on the Word we gain understanding and when we OBEY the Word we gain wisdom! And my very favorite verse is 160: The Word IS Truth! It is the ONLY Truth! Anything that does not line up with God's Word is NOT truth! Remember that Jesus said:

John 17:17 (Amplified)
17Sanctify them [purify, consecrate, separate them for Yourself, make them holy] by the Truth; Your Word is Truth.

The Word of God is the only standard we need for any situation we will ever face! Continue to meditate on it. Get the Word inside of you until IT becomes part of you! You'll start thinking like God! Then you'll start speaking like God and acting like God and then you'll be the kind of living witness that He intended you to be!

Shalom in Him!